Pages


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Are You on Schedule?

I decided that I wanted to give a sneak peak of my upcoming Vaccination Education Class being held at the office on Wednesday, October 26th at 6pm.  So, my blog topic for this week is going to deal with the ever expanding vaccination schedule that we are to adhere to.

Ever since the first vaccines arrived way back in the late 18th century, there have been more and more vaccines added to the mandated list from our Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.  Back in the mid 20th century, it didn't seem like such a big deal.  You'd just get a couple shots and call it good.  Today, that's a whole different story.  Here's a look at how that vaccination schedule has changed over the years:

1980 - 20 vaccines

1995 - 40 vaccines

2011 - 68 vaccines

Now, I do need to state that these numbers may not be accurate.  The reason is, these numbers are the number of vaccines that someone is recommended to receive by the time they turn 18.  These numbers don't even accout for voluntary vaccines such as the HPV vaccine or Gardasil (future topic).  They also don't account for the adult vaccines that are recommended (flu vaccine, shingles vaccine, etc.)


As you can see, the number of vaccines that are recommended has skyrocketed over recent years.  I was able to do a little calculation, and by the year 2020, at this rate, our children will be required/recommended to receive 80 vaccines before the age of 18!

Now. if you don't think that's an issue, consider all of the stuff that gets put into vaccines and how much is getting put into your infant / child over that 68 vaccines time period.  Ingredients such as:

Formaldehyde
Aluminum
Mercury
Phenoxyethanol (ingredient in antifreeze)
Peanut oil
Latex
Human and animal cells

So if you'd like to find out more about vaccines, the vaccine schedule, or the new WA State Vaccine Laws, stop by the clinic if you're in the area on the 26th at 6pm to learn more and to join in on a hearty discussion.

3 comments:

  1. Please stop this nonsense. The SCIENCE behind vaccines is that they are of greater benefit than harm. Yes there are side effects and some adverse reactions that can occur, its a risk. Maybe instead of counting how many vaccines we receive you should count how many life threatening diseases those vaccines prevent.

    Oh and I would also like to mention that my mother is a real estate agent and my father is a carpenter. I have never had an ear infection, polio, tetanus, measles, or Hepatitis B. Maybe the key to not getting these disease is having parents that sell real estate or build things. Or maybe its because I have a good immune system augmented by vaccinations that can handle being exposed to those diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    I would first like to say that I appreciate your opinion and it is a very valid opinion to have. In fact, I would have agreed with you in the past. The premise behind vaccines is actually a very good premise.

    I would also like to say that my personal research over the years and research done by others has given me a different opinion than yours on this topic. My research has led me to this opinion because I believe that the cons far outweigh the pros of getting vaccinations for diseases that are mostly eradicated or of minimal severity. I also have this opinion because the immunity that you receive from a vaccine is not true immunity and your body is not getting an optimal response. Furthermore, my belief is that if something that is supposed to increase your health and wellness needs to have chemicals added such as formaldehyde and mercury, it's not worth the risk.

    An opinion is a wonderful thing to have and I will not chastise you for your opinion, I just simply disagree with you.

    The purpose of these blog posts is simply to relay my opinion (and the opinion of many others) to as many people as possible because I believe that this information needs to be relayed. By no means will I cease to relay my personal opinions on health and wellness on this blog. I just hope that you read my blog with an open mind. And if you prefer not to read the blog posts on vaccines, that's OK because there is a plethora of other essential information in my other blog posts.

    Best wishes and I hope that your health continues to benefit you as it has in the past.

    Michael J. Enstad, DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written in response to a very hostile reply. I am glad to have found your blog and have only today started reading it (2/13/2012). I was born in 1961 and had to have the initial vaccines back then - fortunately not many were required. I had my tonsils out at 2yo, had my ear drum lanced at 2yo (according to my mom), and had chicken pox sometime back then as well. I never had any of the large list of today's vaccines, so I am one person who has not needed them. I do believe that part of the value of vaccines might be mental, and in some cases possibly physical. But they are definitely NOT for me. My mother died (at age 68yo) in Jan2010 and had a flu shot every year, though she sometimes got very sick after them (but not always).

    I do believe that information is vital to all societies and a right to all those who will read them. We, as individuals, can choose to read or not read anything. I, for one, am grateful for your blog posts and glad you continue them. I agree with much of what you post (though I have a lot to catch up on I see), and even if I didn't agree, I very much appreciate you posting your research and opinions. It gives me more to think on and research in more depth if I want.

    Oh, and finally, thank you for what you posted here, as I did not know about all that was added to a vaccine. I have even more reason to NOT be vaccinated. Thank you. ~Annette in Tacoma WA

    ReplyDelete